The enhancement allows passengers to see:
- Details of the train they are travelling on and the current location
- The calling pattern of their train and expected arrival times at each station
- Details of any delays, including revised arrival times and the reason for the delay
- Details of other transport connections, including the status of the relevant London Underground connections When connected to Southeastern_WiFi, you can access real-time information feature by clicking on the train icon on the SE Motion homepage.
WhatsApp train service alerts Southeastern passengers can now receive personalised service alerts straight to their WhatsApp. The introduction of the service follows a successful trial on a number of lines at the end of last year.
The service allows passengers to ask questions directly to Southeastern staff in Southeastern and Network Rail's integrated control centre, to find out specific information about their journey and travel plans, similar to our Twitter service but on a one-to-one basis, with greater privacy.
Passengers can also use hashtags to find out immediate information about:
- Live departures at any station with #stationname
- Latest information on engineering works #engineering
- Latest disruption information #disruption
- Both features will significantly enhance the provision of passenger information, with a greater number of channels for Southeastern's users to access, and a quicker method of receiving detailed service updates.