Summary of key changes
- More frequent services on key routes for those attending
- More regular trains between London and Greenwich and other routes throughout the day
- More carriages on services expected to be busy
- Earlier and additional services on parts of the network which runners and spectators are expected to use
If you’re a runner, you can travel for free on Southeastern services from the following London stations to your starting point, between 06:45 and 10:30
- London Bridge
- London Cannon Street
- London Charing Cross
- Waterloo East
- London Victoria
Getting to the start areas
The easiest way to get to the start areas is by train -
- BLUE – travel to Blackheath station from Charing Cross, Waterloo East, London Bridge or Victoria.
- RED – travel to either Greenwich station or Maze Hill station from Cannon Street, or change at London Bridge.
- GREEN – travel to Maze Hill station from Cannon Street, or change at London Bridge.
Trains are likely to be busier than normal so we recommend you allow extra time for your journey.
London Bridge station is expected to be particularly busy from 08:00 - 08:30 when a large number of runners will be changing trains to reach the Blackheath start line. We advise spectators to take a later train to avoid the rush.
Check before you travel