The Plan outlines five major actions which are:
1. To tackle the problem of overnight lorry parking in Kent
2. To find a long term solution to Operation Stack
3. To effectively manage the routeing of HGV traffic to ensure that such movements remain on the strategic road network for as much of its journey as possible
4. To take steps to address the problems caused by freight traffic to communities
5. To ensure that KCC continues to make effective use of planning and development control powers to reduce the impact of freight traffic
The consultation will run for eight weeks until 12th March 2017.
Please read the Freight Action Plan for Kent and complete the online questionnaire, both of which can be found on KCC's website www.kent.gov.uk/freightactionplan.
Alternatively you can send a written response to the consultation to email@example.com or
FAO Sam Yates
1st Floor Invicta House
Kent County Council