As part of the Headstart Kent Programme, the Kooth digital mental health support service has already given one in five young people, aged 10 to16, easy access to an online community of peers and a team of experienced counsellors.
The service is free and can be accessed at www.kooth.com. It’s a place to get advice, information and support 24/7. You can chat to a friendly qualified counsellor Monday to Friday between 12pm and 10pm and Saturday and Sunday between 6pm and 10pm.
Young people in Kent can also continue to access advice, information and support by:
- Accessing www.moodspark.org.uk or www.kentresiliencehub.org.uk to learn about mental health and find tips and resources to keep emotionally healthy
- Texting ChatHealth for support around physical and mental health on 07520 618850. The number is monitored Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Completing a form for the Children and Young People’s Counselling Service at www.kentcht.nhs.uk/forms/school-health-service-referral-form
- Calling the Single Point of Access (SPA) on 0300 123 4496 if you are not sure what help is needed.
- Accessing the Big White Wall if aged 16+ for anonymous support through https://www.bigwhitewall.com/