There are exemptions for certain groups of passengers, including children and those with breathing difficulties.
For full details on face coverings, including on how to make and wear a cloth face covering, please visit the Government's dedicated website
Only travel by rail if you have no alternativePlease also follow the government advice and only travel by train if you have no alternative. Here’s what you can do to say safe if you do travel by train:
- Plan ahead – check before you travel and avoid travelling at peak times.
- Go contactless - pay with contactless where possible or buy tickets from home on our website, app or by using The Key (Link) our contactless smartcard.
- Consider others – maintain social distancing, respect our staff, and be considerate to other passengers.
- Stay safe - Carry hand sanitiser and wash your hands before and after travel.
- Face coverings – you must wear a face covering when travelling
Social distancing means there is space for as few as 1 in 10 of the usual number of passengers on our trains. If you can work from home please continue to do so, to help us keep the railway clear for those who need it most.
Visit our website for the latest travel advice.