TV Licensing’s tips for spotting a scam email
- Check the email contains your name
- Check the email address carefully for spelling
- Check the content for spelling and grammar
- Check the links go to the real TV Licensing website
- TV Licensing offers more detailed information on scam emails here
- Never answer unsolicited emails.
- Don't assume a phone call or email is authentic.
- Always question unsolicited requests for your personal or financial information
- TV Licensing will never email you unprompted to ask for bank/personal details or tell you about a refund.
What To Do If You’ve Fallen Victim
- Let your bank know as soon as possible and monitor your accounts for unusual activity.
- If you have lost money to the scammers, contact Kent Police by calling 101
- You can also report it to Action Fraud. The information you give to Action Fraud can help track down the scammer.